Saturday, June 30, 2012

[Review] L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm in Caring Coral (418)


 Good Afternoon Everyone!

I know I've been away from the blog a while, summer's starting to get busier for me as I'm starting full-time work next week. I am going to try to keep up with the blog as much as possible though :) For now, lets head on to the review!



L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm in Caring Coral (418)

This lip balm is a nice light balm/gloss for the summer. I love how it gives off a tint of colour and light amount of gloss (not in-your-face shine). The not-too-sticky texture and decent wear makes this a great drugstore purchase.

Price: Approx. $12 CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart (I bought mine on sale for $6)

How I use this product:
I keep this product in my purse for when I go out. I apply it as I feel necessary, so when my lips start to feel a bit dry.

Claims: (from their website)
• "... hint of luscious, kissable colour, smoothing lips for a full 8 hours of continuous hydration."
• "Lips are softer and more supple all day long..."
• Keeps conditioning your lips for 2 and a half hours after the product's been removed - hmm, I wonder how they prove this one...




Pros:
• Long-wearing. I don't know if it stays on my lips for 8 hours as I eat and drink water like normal people do, but it does stay on my lips for a good 2-3 hours depending on if I eat or not. It does come off when I drink out of a glass as I can see evident lip stains on the rims, but I can always still feel some product on my lips if I only take a sip or two. 

• Moisturizing. This product is does live up to it's claim of being hydrating, although not for 8 hours as it doesn't last for 8 hours on my lips. When it is on my lips though, it definitely does it's job.

• The candy-like scent. I'm not sure if each shade smells different, but I do like the scent that comes with this one!


Middles:
• The Design. I like how it's a twist-up product (like a regular, classic lipstick), however the cap has came off in my purse more than once already and now the balm has a dent in it :(. It is nice that the cap is transparent though, and is in the shade of the balm itself. Thus, I'm on the fence with the design of this product. 

• SPF 15. This won't do much for anyone's lips, but it's nice that they included some SPF in the product. Better something than nothing I guess.

• The light tint. I personally like it because I don't like to wear bright or dark colours, but if you're out looking for a lip product that is very pigmented, then this is not the one for you.


Cons:
The stickiness. Although it's not too sticky (definitely less sticky than MAC's lipglasses), I'm still not a fan. Especially in the summer because I'm already in a bleh enough mood in the hot, humid weather outside, and having hair stick to my lips because of the gloss doesn't really help.


All-in-all:
I really do enjoy this product and will be using it all summer when I go out. In my opinion, this isn't a must-have product. However, if you are out looking for a new lip gloss or balm to use during the summer months, I would recommend this one because it does provide a light hint of colour and conditions your lips while it's on. Plus it comes in 8 shades of pretty :)



 
  
It's hard to see, but the swatch is that shiny, heart-shaped bit right there.

The colour is barely noticeable, but the gloss is definitely there!

Price: 4/5

Packaging: 3.5/5

Moisturizing Level: 5/5
Grade: A-

Have you tried this product out? Or do you have something even better for the summer months?

Have a great long weekend everyone!

,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment