Tuesday, June 12, 2012

[Review] Philosophy's Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser


 Hi Everyone!

Here's my most recent favorite cleanser that has kept my skin calm and happy!

Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple One-Step Cleanser

I have never tried any of Philosophy’s facial skin care products before, however I have heard numerous praises for their face cleansers. So when I headed to Sephora during Christmas, I decided to pick up a small bottle to try. When I first used this product, my skin did not agree to it. I broke out in some awful cystic acne. However, after I stopped using it for about two months or so and returned to using it, this product was amazing!

Price: Approx. $15 CAD at Sephora for 90 mL and approx. $30 for 240 mL.

How I use this product:
I use this product in the morning and night, at night I pair it with St.Ives' Apricot Scrub. Then I moisturize with my Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment and Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (Review here)

Occasionally I use this product in the morning with Garnier's Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream (Review here)

In the morning, I pour a pea-sized amount onto my fingertips and message the product all over my face for about a minute. This product does not lather much and the bubbles are minimal. At night I up the product usage to two pea-sized amounts.

I do not remove make-up with this cleanser. I use it after I have removed my make-up with some baby wipes. The cleanser just helps remove what's left over.

Claims: (from their website)
• One-step cleanser (takes off makeup, etc.)
• Conditions skin with natural oil extracts

Pros:
• This product is fragrance free! That means no extra or artificial scent ingredients were added it, however there is a natural, light scent to it that smells like an herb or flower of some kind.

• Purity also leaves my skin feeling clean without over-drying it or leaving it red and blotchy. Definitely a winning product in my books!

• Only a pea sized amount of product is needed in the morning to clean my entire face! The small bottle has lasted me throughout these 4 months, which I have to say is pretty awesome :D


Middles:
The price. For a small, travel sized, bottle (it fits into the palm of my hand!), the product is $15. At drugstores I can purchase a large bottle of cleanser for the same price! However since the product itself is great, I don’t mind paying more. The 240 mL bottle is definitely more worth the price!


Cons:
The design of the 90 mL packaging; I dislike the “pour” system for cleansers (in fact, for anything!). This is because pouring something, especially in the early mornings where you’re half asleep while washing your face, proves to be tricky and there have been multiple times that I have poured too much product. What a waste! I would suggest even just adding something like a little cap with a nozzle on it (where the dispensing hole is smaller), this way at least there is better control. The 240 mL bottle has a better cap with a small hole to dispense the product. This is a much better design because now no product will be wasted.






All-in-all:
The product itself is great, however the packaging is not. If you have sensitive skin like me, or want to try something less harsh on your skin, then Philosophy’s purity cleanser is a great choice!


Price: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5 (90 mL) and 4/5 (240 mL)

Effectiveness: 5/5
Grade: B+


Have an amazing week everyone! :)

,
Christina

4 comments:

  1. Wow! It seems to be an amazing product! I've to try it! It's a great idea adding a little cap with a nozzle on the top ;)
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment<3
    x♥x♥

    "http://saudebelezaexercicio.blogspot.com/"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite facial cleanser too! They're quite costly so I order the largest bottle to get my money's worth! I love the pictures on your blog, followed you back! x

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Thanks Claudia! :) They are definitely costly but so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete