Good Afternoon Everyone!
This has been such a busy week as I came back to Hillwood for the rest of the summer. I'm so glad to be home!
Now onto the review!
(for Very Dry to Dry Combination Skin)
I first received Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion as a sample along with some of their other products when I purchased a product from them a while ago. After using the lotion, I decided that I loved it and purchased my own full sized one. The sample sized one lasted me a long time (about a month!) and thus this large size will probably last me a long, long while. Although this product is meant for dry skin in general, I decided to use this with my oily combination skin because my skin does not do well with gel products, which is the formula that they use with the dramatically different lotion for oily skin types.
Clinique has a rating for each skin type. This lotion is for those with skin types 1 and 2. If you are following or thinking about following their 3-step skincare procedure, then this lotion would be step 3.
Price: $31 at Clinique counters for 125 mL
How I use this product:
I use this product with Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple Cleanser (Morning), St.Ives’ Blemish and Blackhead Clearing Apricot Scrub (Night), Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner (review HERE), and Neutrogena’sAcne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment.
This product is applied like any other moisturizer. I apply it to my face and neck every morning and night.
Claims: (from the box)
- Maintains optimal balance for very dry skin or dry cheeks and comfortable/oily in the t-zone
- Improves the texture and condition of your skin
- This lotion does not break me out. At all. I believe this is so because there are no added ingredients for more skin conditioning benefits (extra oils, chemicals, etc.). It is a simple product and it works!
- It does its job at moisturizing, softening and smoothing out my skin when I apply it. This is ideal during the harsh winter months – which really is 8 out of 12 months in Canada!
- The product is fragrance free. Which is perfect because then it has no chance of irritating my skin due to added scents! (No one is going to smell my face anyway haha)
- You can only buy this product in the large size. The travel size is only available as a sample.
- This lotion is a bit on the pricier side, however 125 mL should last you about a year. A year’s worth of soft skin for around $30? Yes please.
The pump. Many times when I press quickly down on the pump, a bunch of product shoots out and most of it lands on the counter or the sink and not on my hands and fingers where they belong. However when I press slowly on the pump, it dispenses the product just fine. The pressure of the pump is not ideal for lotion dispensing while you’re in a hurry and has caused me to waste a lot of the product.
Great product but bad product design. Just be extra careful when you are dispensing the product! If you are searching for a new face cream, then this would be a perfect choice!
Moisturizing Level: 5/5
Phew! Unpacking is some serious work! How has your week been?