Wednesday, February 29, 2012

[Review] Polysporin's Lip Therapy


Hi Everyone!

How is your day so far? Last week I was super busy because I returned to Kingston and had to catch up with some work and spend time with my boyfriend, so I didn't do a lot of updating.

However, I am back! Now onto the review!


Polysporin's Lip Therapy

Before reading week, my lips were chapped to an extreme! I'm not sure why or how as I always apply lip balm in the morning and before I go to bed and throughout the day if I need it (although not very often, I would have to say 2-3 times). It got to a point where my lips started to peel and bleed, even the area around my lips were chapped. I tried a new lip balm, but didn't see any improvement. After two trips to the walk-in clinic - the doctor just told me that my lips were chapped. Then I decided to head over to Shoppers Drug Mart to check out my options and discovered the lip balm that saved my lips :)


Price: $5.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart


How I use this product:
In the instructions on the product, it says to apply up to 4 times daily. During the first week that I used it I applied it 4 times a day (after I brushed my teeth in the morning, lunch time, afternoon, and before bed).

Now that I've been using it for 3 weeks, I apply it twice a day. (Once in the morning and again before I go to sleep).


Claims: (from their website)
- Moisturizes and soothes your lips
- Relieves soreness of dry, chapped lips


Pros:
- I saw improvement immediately after my first use! I really wish I had taken a picture for you guys of how dry and gross my lips looked and the difference this product made as soon as I applied it. After the first 3 days, my lips were basically back to normal.

- The cooling effect. It soothed my dry lips and made it feel much better, even when it was very chapped.


Middles:
The tub design is not my favorite kind. I really do prefer the tube style because it's more hygienic. However the product is small, so it's still portable.


Cons:
The scent is quite strong at first. It's a 'menthol' scent, so to me it smells similar to the doctor's office. It does fade after a few minutes though.



All-in-all:
I highly recommend this product to anyone who is suffering from dry lips due to the wintertime. This product will help heal your lips and protect them from being chapped again, definitely a purse must-have!

Price: 4/5

Packaging: 4/5

Effectiveness: 5/5

Grade: A+


Have you tried this product before? Did it work as well for you as it did for me?

Hope you're having a great Wednesday! We're halfway through the week! :)

,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment