It's finally Friday! What a busy week this has been! I had the time today to write up a review on my most recent day cream. I use it with my Dickinson's Which Hazel Astringent and Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment after I wash my face. Here we go!...
|Inside the jar!|
Nivea’s Pure & Natural Soothing Day Moisturizer (for Dry to Sensitive Skin)
I normally do not use Nivea’s products because none of their items have ever appealed much to me. However I do love their Summer Touch firming and tanning lotion because it gives me a beautiful, subtle tan during the winter (I should really do a review on that product!) Anyways, I decided to try out Nivea’s face cream because it was one of the only products I saw at Shoppers Drug Mart that fit my student budget and was (mostly) “natural”, plus it was designed for sensitive skin, so I decided to give it a try.
Price: On sale for $8.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart
Claims: (from the box)
- 95% naturally sourced ingredients
- Includes organic argan oil and organic chamomile
- No parabens, silicones, colorants, mineral oils
- Supports the natural balance of your skin
- Leaves your skin soft and moisturized all day long
- Enhances the naturally healthy glow of your complexion
- Suitable for sensitive skin
|The jar and the box with everything bad that it doesn't include|
- Keeps my skin moisturized all day long!
- I have not broken out from this product yet (fingers crossed!)
- It doesn’t include many of the ‘bad’ ingredients which are included in many products on shelves today (mineral oils, parabens, silicones, colorants)
Middles: (new in my reviews!)
- The product is a bit on the thicker/heavier side, which is great for winter, but not optimal for summer. That also means that you only need a dab of moisturizer on your finger to cover your entire face!
- I personally don’t know why a skin product would need argan oil, generally this ingredient is found in hair products for its moisturizing benefits. I’m guessing it does the same thing for the skin, although I hope it won’t break me out later on (it IS oil). However chamomile is a great addition because it is known for its calming properties. Both ingredients are closer to the middle/end of the ingredient list, so it shouldn’t really make a huge difference on the product itself.
- There is fragrance added to this product. Although it is the last ingredient on the list and to tell you the truth, I don’t smell anything when I apply the product. In fact, it smells like as if there were no fragrances added (similar to Clinique’s moisturizers – which are fragrance free), so why Nivea added this ingredient is a mystery to me!
- I do not think that this product “enhanced the natural glow of my complexion” which is a difficult claim to prove because it’s very difficult to see what one’s ‘natural glow’ actually is. What a silly claim!
If you already have a moisturizer that you like already, stick to that one because I do not think that this is a must have product. However, if you’re out looking for a moisturizer, feel free to give this one a try! I’ve been using it for a week and so far it has not irritated my sensitive, acne-prone skin yet. As for moisturizing, this one certainly does its job!
Moisturizing Level: 5/5
This weekend will be filled with studying for midterms, doing some actual cooking, and hitting the gym for me(no late nights out this week!) What is your weekend looking like?
|Guess what I'm making tonight! :)|